After extensive testing and research, CR determined this product to be:
- TOP PERFORMING
- EFFECTIVE AT SMOKE/DUST/POLLEN REMOVAL
one of our 30 recommended Air Purifiers
Honeywell InSight HPA5300B
- This model scored very good overall, which primarily considers how well models removed dust and smoke from a test chamber.
- Effective at removing dust, smoke, and pollen at its lowest speed, which matters if you’ll run the unit in your bedroom at night.
- Especially effective at removing dust, smoke, and pollen at its highest speed, important for quickly cleaning the air in the room.
- Runs quietly on its lower speeds.
- Not especially quiet, but among the quietest air purifiers when on its highest speed.
- Easy to operate its controls, carry it, and clean or replace its filter(s).
- Has a filter indicator, which lets you know when it's time to change/clean the main filter.
- Has a carrying handle.
- Has a programmable timer.
- Relatively high annual costs, which includes routine filter replacement (if any) and annual operating costs.
- Relatively high filter costs.
- Relatively high operating costs.
Learn more about how we test
About CR Air Purifiers testings
HOURS OF TESTING
About Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports puts people first. For more than 80 years, CR has provided consumers with independent research, ratings and recommendations to help make good purchase decisions. As a nonprofit consumer testing and advocacy organization, CR works with businesses and government to improve the safety, performance, value and reliability of products and services.
Every year CR puts manufacturer claims to the test for thousands of products, from cars and appliances to baby products and sunscreens. CR purchases all the products that we test and uses scientific research methods to develop our ratings.